So you must be feeling tired or bored, and in this boredom, what can be much better than a cup of Coffee.
Secondly, if you are searching for Coffee near me, you are in the right place.
Well, Coffee is a brewed drink that is prepared from roasted coffee beans.
Nowadays, Coffee after tea has become the 3rd largest consumed drink globally.
It is said that around 400 billion cups of Coffee are being consumed each year all around the world.
Also, Netherland is said to be the highest per capita consumer of the most Coffee.
So how this drink gets so famous and reaches every corner of the world.
Let us see the brief History of the wonderful Coffee.
Brief History Of Coffee-
Well, it is said that the Coffee was discovered back in the 1500s by a goat herder in Ethiopia.
He saw some strange behavior in his goats as after eating the coffee cherries, they suddenly had a lot of energy and could not sleep at night.
Then he shared this secret with the local monks of his area, and they also made their drinks from the coffee beans.
It was no more secret, and it reached the distant lands.
Some evidence of the drinking of Coffee in the form of a modern beverage has been found in Yemen.
Around the 15th century, in some Sufi shrines. Coffee was being consumed around some Sufi circles to stay awake for their religious rituals.
By the 16th century, the drink had reached the rest of the Middle East and North Africa, later extending to Europe.
So this was a sweet, brief history of our cup of Coffee.
Now let us see the entire process through which our one cup of Coffee reaches our table.
Process of coffee production-
- Planting- Firstly, coffee seeds are planted and germinate and develop into coffee plants; these seeds are always planted in large shade beds. Then, when these seeds grow into small baby plants, they are finally moved into the fields to increase further; this process is usually carried on during the rainy season.
- Harvesting- It usually takes around 3-4 years for newly planted coffee bushes to bear fruits. When the cherry ripens up, it turns into red color from green; during this stage, the cherries are being hand-harvested.
- Cherry processing- It consists of the dry method, an ancient method and still being used in regions where water is scarce. The second one is the wet method which uses water to remove the skin from the cherries.
- Coffee tasting process- After sorting the excellent quality of the seeds, the packed Coffee is repeatedly tested to check and define its taste and quality. This process usually takes a lot of time.
- Coffee roasting- The coffee seeds are being roasted at a temperature of 550F; this turns their color from green to brown, similar to what we can buy in our nearby stores.
- Coffee grinding- After being roasted, the coffee seeds are finally grinded into different forms, making them finally ready to be packed.
- Packaging- The final product or the Coffee is being efficiently packed to protect it from the air, which could cause the lumps in it and ruin it.
So this was the short journey of our single cup of Coffee.
You can easily find the best Coffee around you simply by searching the terms like- cafe near me for couples, Coffee near me, costa coffee near me, slay Coffee near me, filter Coffee near me, coffee places near me, iced Coffee near me or drive-thru Coffee near me.
Some Globally famous coffee brands-
1. Starbucks- It has a revenue of around 26.5 billion USD and stores in more than 70 countries.
2. Costa Coffee- It has a revenue of around 1.54
billion USD and stores in 32 countries.
3. Dunkin Donuts- It has a revenue of around 1.37
billion USD and stores in 42 countries.
4.McCafé- It has a revenue of around 21.07
billion USD and is owned by McDonald’s.
5. Tim Hortons- It has a revenue of around 3
billion USD and stores in 14 countries.
Some health benefits of drinking Coffee-
- It boosts your energy levels.
- It can lower the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- It could support your brain health.
- It May promote weight control.
- It can reduce the risk of depression.
So these were some of the health benefits of drinking Coffee.
Now we hope that you must have got all the information related to our one cup of Coffee.
Again to find the best Coffee near you, you can easily find any of the best stores with simple search terms like- Coffee near me, coffee near me takeaway, Coffee near me costa, coffee near me breakfast, coffee delivery near me, etc.
Hopefully, this article might have helped you out and answered all your queries.
Comment down your valuable views in the comment section.
Till then, have a great day ahead.